Follow these simple steps to create a blog post:
- Login to the administration area of your website. For most ListingPlug sites, the admin link is provided in the footer or bottom of every page.
- Click on the ‘Posts’ tab located on the main navigation bar located on the left of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Add New’ button located top left.
- Enter a title for your post where it shows ‘Enter title here …”
- Type the content you want to display in the big empty box below the title. Tips: Try to use key words that are relevant to your site and at least 300 words to increase your SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Example: If you are an agency in Squamish, BC, your posts should ideally mention keywords such as: Squamish, Property Rentals and/or real estate.
- On the right-side of your screen, scroll down until you find the Categories Area as shown below. Choose a Category for your blog post. If you need a new category, simply email us and we will add it to our system.
- You can add tags to your post. You can create your own tags to best fit your post. Or use previously used ones. ListingPlug Tip: Once your blog has grown to a reasonable size (20+ posts) and you have used tags in your posts, contact us and ask us to include a tag cloud on your home page. Not only does using tags increase your overall SEO, they also provide your clients with a simply one-click option to find relevant information.
- Now you need to add a Featured Image or video to your blog post. To add a Featured Image, locate the Featured Image area on the right-side of your screen as shown below.Click on ‘set featured image’ link. A new screen appears. Click on the ‘Select Files’ button and browse your PC for the image. Click on the image and then click ‘Open’ in the dialogue box to accept the upload. Click on ‘Set Featured Image’ button located at the bottom right of the screen to insert the image. Smaller images (800×800 or less) will load faster. Too small and your picture will look grainy.
- Scroll to the top of your page and click on the ‘Publish’ button to publish your post.
- You are done. If you want to add another post, repeat steps above.
- Review your website blog to ensure that everything looks great!
- Don’t forget to ‘log-out’ of your session by clicking on your name in the top right corner and choosing ‘Log Out’
Each blog post should have the following key items:
- Featured Image